Join one of Europe’s most exciting innovation hubs
Why Helix is a great home for your business
- It's a hub of events and activities to bring different groups together to collaborate and innovate
- Great transport connections locally, nationally and internationally
- Easy access to a world class University: access talent, innovation support, Executive Education and more
Helix is home to national innovation centres, startups, big business, university researchers ... and it grows every week.
Who is here
We have dozens of passionate, like-minded businesses of all sizes based here – from start-ups to multinationals. And the community is growing every month.
Brands like Iksuda Therapeutics, a biotechnology company based in The Biosphere, focused on developing next generation Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) for difficult-to-treat solid tumours, including ovarian, lung and breast cancers.
Or Changing Health, a health technology company based in The Catalyst, providing personalised behaviour change programmes for Type 2 diabetes management, prevention and weight loss.
Or a global name like Red Hat, an open source software company based in The Catalyst, who revolutionised the operating system with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and today have a broad portfolio to help companies adapt as business becomes more digital and interconnected.
Easy partnering with a world class University
Imagine locating your business where you can:
- recruit talented graduates
- access innovation support to help drive your business forward
- develop your workforce through CPD, networking and Executive Education
Helix can offer this and more to your business through Newcastle University. The University is highly experienced at supporting business with a range of schemes
Arrow : innovation support for SMEs
Whether your business innovation aim is to develop a new product or service, access new markets or gain market share, Arrow can provide access to academics, innovators and experts to help you on your innovation journey.
A Business School on your doorstep
Newcastle University Business School is right next door to Helix. The Business School delivers a wide range of courses, programmes and events. The Business School's Executive Education suite includes an Executive MBA and a MSc in Strategic Leadership
Institute of Coding
The Institute of Coding is a government funded project to help close the digital skills gap. As part of this, Newcastle University delivers training to help businesses build the skills necessary for success in the digital age.
Our courses are developed in partnership with business. They can help with:
- entry-level digital skills
- soft and leadership skills
advanced technical skills
Find out more
Explore Newcastle University's strengths and see case studies of how the University works with business.
What are you waiting for?
- A vibrant, growing ecosystem of SMEs, corporates, researchers and user groups
- Range of workplace solutions across Helix
- Great connections, both transport and people networks
- A magnificent city and region for life away from work
Contact us today to arrange a visit to see the next home for your business.