The Energy Opportunity
Want to significantly reduce your business energy costs? Looking to compete in a global emerging market? Keen to build the North of England as a powerhouse that drives energy transition?
Then this new CBI conference, The ‘Energy Opportunity’ is not to be missed.
### Why the ‘Energy Opportunity’?
Advances in energy technologies mean that energy transformation is now more possible than ever and it’s opening up new opportunities for businesses to prosper in a clean economy.
A new global market, estimated to be worth £170 billion by 2030, is emerging as energy transition drives businesses to think differently about how they consume energy.
Firms in the North are well place to capitalise on this new market and all firms need to be looking to develop new energy strategies that not only increase profitability, win new customers and derive genuine competitive advantage while reducing pollution.
This new CBI Conference will help you get informed, engaged and ready to take advantage of the Energy Opportunity.
### A must attend event for:
From firms large and small, responding to key government policy changes such as:
- net-zero UK emissions by 2050
- the end of new sales of petrol and diesel cars by 2040
- the introduction of a Future Homes Standard by 2025
Business leaders looking to tap into the Energy opportunity: the green economy is comfortably outperforming the wider underlying economy, the sector grew by 6.8% to £44.5bn in 2017
__Business Leaders and Policy Makers__ with an interest in developing the Industrial strategy for the North: with nearly half of the UK’s renewable energy being produced in the north, the region is ideally placed to deliver a 'green jobs' revolution of 46,000 new jobs by 2030
The conference focusses on key topics that enable your business to exploit the ‘Energy Opportunity’ and plan your strategy with confidence, including:
How to capitalise on the ambition and future growth in low-carbon energy and what it could mean for your business:
- How to develop your supply chain to be at the leading edge of decarbonisation
- Identifying opportunities for new export markets
- Investing in the right skills to enable the energy transition
- Hearing from businesses innovating new products to service this rapidly growing market, which can stimulate your business to meet the demands for producing clean energy solutions
__No matter your sector, this event will support your firm with practical advice:
- Retail or logistics: learn from businesses that have already invested in electric and hydrogen fuelled fleet
- Energy intensive firms: learn from those who have invested in energy storage systems to assist in reducing energy costs to their business
- Professional services: meet businesses looking for advice on how to develop and deploy new low-carbon products and services
- Manufacturing: meet new businesses in the supply chain creating innovative powertrain electronics and systems to reduce emissions
- SME: learn from your peers about how they have built consumer trust through creating purpose-led low-carbon campaigns
### Register now
CBI Members benefit from Member tickets, saving members £450 on the standard delegate rates.
If the event is heavily subscribed, member ticket restrictions may need to be applied.
This conference is open to CBI members, non-members, media, political stakeholders and industry specialists and advisers.
[More detail from EventBrite](https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-energy-opportunity-tickets-63522572725 "Eventbrite | The Energy Opportunity").