The Future of Work and Leading on Leadership
Newcastle University Business School (NUBS) is a leading international business school that drives excellence in teaching and research. Our reputation is demonstrated through various quality kite marks:
- Triple accreditation: AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB
- Russell Group status
- Commitment to the United Nations’ Principles of Responsible Management Education (UNPRME)
- Our Athena Swan Bronze award for commitment to gender equality
- Our place among the top 20 ‘most targeted’ universities by the UK’s leading employers*
Last year we consulted our corporate partners, alumni and advisory boards to develop a new vision, mission and strategy for NUBS. The UK Industrial Strategy and the University’s cross cutting research strengths were key to shaping this. We see our location at Newcastle Helix as a fantastic opportunity.
Our Vision is to be a globally renowned international business school that delivers excellence in the Future of Work and develops leaders for a future they can shape. We aim to be world leading in the interdisciplinary themes of Future of Work and Leading on Leadership.
We aim to do this through:
- Preparing students for the Future of Work and a future they can shape
- Our research, education and innovation within and across disciplines
We will also work collaboratively with external partners to shape brighter futures, grow the economy and champion social justice. We want to grow and deepen our networks and partnerships. We want to co-create solutions to respond to the changing needs of our partners. Newcastle Helix gives us a great opportunity to do this.
Vibrant collaborations with the businesses at Helix will make a difference locally, nationally and internationally. Whether an SME or a multinational corporate, there are many possibilities for us to explore together:
- Enriching the student experience: NUBS students will be the main users of The Frederick Douglass Centre and we look forward to hosting guest speakers, securing placements, visits and employment opportunities stemming from Helix-based companies
- Creative solutions: co-production and translation of research which provides creative solutions to current issues in business and society
- Developing leadership capacity through Executive programmes and short courses
- Our network of networks: whether here in the region or our global network of alumni and partners, we can help business-to-business interaction
One of the keywords about Newcastle Helix is colocation: an ecosystem of businesses working with researchers working with residents. It’s something that one of our partners, P&G, have identified as a very powerful combination.
We couldn’t agree more. My colleagues and I will be working to embed our School within the Newcastle Helix ecosystem. We work closely with the National Innovation Centre for Ageing, the National Innovation Centre for Data … and of course, look forward to collaborating with the businesses that are locating to Newcastle Helix.
Related articles and links
- Leading digital entrepreneur appointed to Newcastle University Business School
The Graduate Market in 2016-2018 report - High Fliers Research *