The National Innovation Centre for Data
The global economy is undergoing a data-driven revolution. Exponential growth in the volume of personal and professional data is raising huge new opportunities and challenges for organisations and individuals. Properly processed and analysed, data can lead to radical innovations, enabling significant value creation.
NICD and your business
Since January 2019, NICD has delivered over 50 events engaging around 5,000 individuals on a range of data related topics. This has led to engagements with over 400 organisations.
Another benefit is that NICD can help your business to work with a research-intensive university. Many of NICDs partners haven't worked with universities before. But through NICD they discover the many benefits of doing so.
Collaborative projects drive business improvement
NICD has run more than 60 deep-dive discovery workshops as pre-cursors to over 40 collaborative projects with private and public sector organisations.
These projects generally have durations from 3-6 months and collaborators range include:
- international Fortune 500 companies (eg. AkzoNobel, LKQ, Proctor & Gamble)
- national organisations (eg. SAGE, Newcastle Building Society, Northern Powergrid)
- SMEs and start-ups (eg. True Potential, Soil Machine Dynamics and Connected Energy)
- across the public sector (eg. NHS Business Services Authority, North East Ambulance Service, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust)
NICD projects have transferred over 500 days of data skills into these organisations. The impact is the delivery of bespoke data insights that are leading to real business efficiencies and new products and services.
As part of the Government’s Industrial and Digital Strategy, the National Innovation Centre for Data plays a key role in enabling the UK economy to compete and thrive in the new data-driven global marketplace.
At a glance
- Delivers insights that help organisations understand the value of data
- Delivers data analytics skills into the workforce of organisations
- Connects organisations into networks of data skills
Colocate with the National Innovation Centre for Data
The Catalyst is a ground-breaking facility that is home to National Innovation Centre for Ageing and National Innovation Centre for Data. The building hosts a suite of bespoke facilities and a range of flexible office space for commercial organisations operating in the data science field. By providing world-class facilities and services under one roof, the building acts as a ‘beacon’ for innovation.
You can find out more about The Catalyst and the tenancy options from the website.